Saturday 21 May 2016

Down the Staffs & Worcester to Stourport

Hi, Happy Weekend

We've had a good run down the Staffs & Worcester over the past couple of days. It's a nice canal and we've moored in some beautiful spots. This morning there was a small black mink standing just outside the window but as usual the camera was nowhere near and when I moved to go and find it the mink spotted me and scurried off.

Large sections of the Staffs and Worcester canal were cut through the pink stone


and beside Debdale Lock there's a cave. It was featured in John Sargent's recent programe and apparently it was used as shelter and possibly for overnight accommodation by the navvies who built the canal.


Unfortunately we're a week too early for the Cookley Beer Festival. Does it fit in with your cruising plans Bob & Nicola?


I love it when tree surgeons get creative. The photo certainly doesn't do this pair of kingfishers justice.


We're now in Stourport and saw our first cygnets of the year as we passed through the basin.


The fun fair was doing a brisk trade despite the dismal weather. I think I'd better buy some more happy flags.....I can't let them out-do me!


Bye for now

No comments: