Friday 4 January 2013

Escape from the Marina

On Christmas Eve we had a party here on the marina and as usual the boys had to "play".


They set off a huge Santa Chinese Lantern which looked quite surreal floating over the roof tops of Macclesfield.


I've been getting cabin fever being stuck in the marina but at least I've had plenty of time for hooky.  I made this tea cosy for my son as part of his Christmas present.


It was based on an American pattern I saw HERE but I couldn't get any suitable wool and wanted more realistic looking feathers, so I found a tutorial for crocodile stitch HERE on youtube and made it up as I went along. I'm really proud of how it worked out as it's the first thing I've made without a proper pattern.

With no hospital appointments now until next Wednesday we've decided to get out of the marina for the weekend.  We haven't gone far, in fact just one mile to moor at Gurnett Aqueduct, but it was lovely to be moving again and to have an unrestricted view out of the window. If it's nice tomorrow we may go further, if not we'll stay here.


No comments: