We got to the dock around 10.00 and reversed straight in. The boat that had been in the dock last week was ready to come out and was pulled out into the canal so we could move into position ready for the water to be removed.
It only took about half an hour to pump out all the water and then Roger started power washing the hull to remove all the loose blacking and any accumulated rust. It wasn't too bad considering it hasn't been done for 2 years.
|close up of hull showing rust spots|
Today’s work list:
Power washed hull
Sanded , prep’d and undercoated sides of boat under gunwales
Sanded , prep’d and undercoated tunnel flashes on stern
Removed cratch cover, washed & re-proofed
As I only did the cratch cover it was an easy day for me today. It'll be a different story tomorrow when we start blacking. It's one of the jobs I always used to do when we were still building boats so it'll be interesting to see if I still have the knack!