Saturday 28 May 2011

Lazy day at Zouch Cut

I just LOVE  PoundSaver shops!!  I spent a very happy half hour browsing round the one in Loughborough yesterday. They're always a good source of cheap crafty things for me to do and this time I was inspired by a small hot water bottle. Granted it wasn't a very nice colour, but I intended knitting a cover for it so that didn't really matter and at £1 it was a cinch. I had a part ball of dusky pink chunky wool in the stash under the bed which was just perfect for what I had in mind.

from this
to this in 2 hours
This morning Charlie had me up at 6.15 so after we'd been out for a quick walk I made myself a large coffee and started working out the pattern (if you'd like a copy please email me and I'll send it to you).  It only took a couple of hours to knit up and was just about finished when our friends Jean & Garth arrived.  They couldn't moor near us so stayed back just past the lock moorings. The hot water bottle's already spoken for and will be winging it's way to Newcastle as soon as I can get to a Post Office.

Again it's been a very busy day with lots of boats moving about. We've had the usual 'speed boats' and one was so fast I almost fell over as the boat rocked so much when they went past. I'm afraid I broke my own rule and yelled at them to slow down. Granted it was a young lad driving, so maybe his excuse was that no-one had told him to slow down past moored boats.

No comments: