Friday 12 August 2011

Worcester


Last night we went to the “Open Mic Night” at the King’s Head pub, just above the moorings in Upton. The standard of  entertainment was superb and I’d say it’s probably the best open mic we’ve been to so far.

The other day I bought a load of apricots from Upton market but they were too dry to eat raw so this morning I bottled them in Amaretto syrup to have later in the year.



We carried on up river to Worcester, passing through the huge Digliss Lock. Seeing the size of those gates made me REALLY glad the lock’s automated!

approaching Digliss Lock, we need to use r.h.s. "small lock"

boat ready to come out
I have to say that the moorings aren’t very nice in Worcester, especially s they charge £3.50 for the privilege. There are lots of over-hanging trees and submerged obstructions so we carried on a bit and found a spot beside Worcester Race Course. I’m sure Roger secretly planned on mooring here because as soon as we’d moored up I found out we're right beside the venue for Worcester Beer Festival! As soon as I’ve up-loaded this blog guess where we’re going? I’ll let you know tomorrow how it was.

No comments: