Saturday 13 August 2016

My big countdown thwarted by a detour

Hi, happy weekend.

For the past few weeks David has been making me a button fender for the new boat.  It's finally finished and he presented it to us the other day.  I'm not sure if replica peniches are supposed to have button fenders but ours will wear it with pride!


As we're enroute to deliver Fizzi to her new owners I've been counting down the locks. There were 60 still to do


Then 50


And then this morning Roger and David announced that we're taking a detour down the Aylesbury Arm as David's never been to Aylesbury before so that's added another 32 to the total.  Our last lock will be Watford Top.............the last manual lock we will ever do as the new boat will only ever pass through either electrically operated ones or ones done for us by lock-keepers.  I'm not sure whether I'm going to miss working them or not.  Only time will tell I suppose.

Bye for now, see you soon

No comments: