Friday 7 October 2011

Storm

The weather has certainly turned. At 9 o'clock last night we had an almighty storm with thunder and lightening and gale force gusts of wind which blew the plant pots over, even though they were tucked up against the side of the boat on the towpath. The hail stones were so heavy that they drowned out the sound of the TV and the temperature plummeted down to 3.3'C for a while. It didn't last very long but flooded the towpath and this morning everywhere was muddy and horrible. It's just about ruined the remaining flowers too, so I think it's time to put the smaller pots away and re-plant the larger ones with winter plants. We'll have a trip to the local garden centre over the weekend to see what they have to offer. If anyone can recommend good hardy plants, preferably flowering, that will last all winter please let me know.

1 comment:

life afloat on nb tickety boo said...

Hi just stumbled across your blog, as you do! Now this is a bit back to front, you usually read blogs and then meet the bloggers! I was moored over the way from you in the Salthouse dock for the river festival. I am only sorry we didn't get chance to chat as I love to meet fellow bloggers!
s you know it was all go, so much to see and do, I like you absolutely loved it! I for one look forward to doing it again. Your boat is lovely by the way, a real credit to you! Debbie.