Saturday 9 February 2013

We're Free!

We've now left Macclesfield Marina and are free again. Well, as free as we can be for the next 6 months while I continue my chemo sessions in Manchester.

We're now moored on Gurnett Aqueduct and will stay here for the weekend before moving on.


I have to say it's wonderful to be back out on the cut. The evening bird song is lovely, the view is wonderful and even Chico is more relaxed.


I've been doing a lot of crochet while we've been stuck in the marina. I'm making a cardigan for my granddaughter which I'll show you when I finish it tomorrow and I've also made her a teddy.



This is the pattern I used  HERE but if you'd prefer to knit your teddy you can find that pattern HERE

My next project will be another blanket. This is what I've got in mind.


It's from a lovely fellow blogger who I've been following for a couple of years. If you're interested you can read her blog HERE It's also where I found the teddy pattern. I've just bought the yarn for the blanket from an excellent website COUNTRY CRAFTS They're very reasonably priced and the service has been excellent. With the demise of the local wool shop I'm sure more and more of us will have to resort to buying on line. It's not ideal as I prefer to feel the yarn and match the colours by eye but I've used Stylecraft Special DK before so I knew what I was getting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear I dont seem to be on your blog roll :(

Yvonne said...

You are now :-) Welcome, I hope you come back regularly