Saturday 17 August 2013

Up the Rochdale Nine

We left Castlefield late morning and had a reasonably easy passage up the Rochdale Nine. Our son and his girlfriend have come to stay for the weekend and James helped Roger work the locks which seemed easier than usual.

Katie had a go steering the boat.


Cute mooring mushrooms along the canal.


An "arty" shot of one of the bridges. I still haven't mastered my new camera but I'm having fun playing with it.


The only down-side of the trip was the state of the canal through Canal Street and under Piccadilly. The water was full of discarded condoms and there were rent boys "working" beside lock 85.  The CCTV is obviously not working and if they hadn't moved on when we got into the lock I would have called the police.  I'm not homophobic but this was just disgusting!

No comments: