Saturday 15 March 2014

Where has this week gone?

I didn't realise it's a week since my last blog post, I just don't know where the time has gone!

We've done quite a bit of cruising this week, travelling up and down the River Soar in fantastic sunshine. It's one of my favourite waterways, but it'll be nice to finally leave the area at the end of next week as we start making our way towards our next stop-over at Market Harborough.

We stayed a couple of nights at Mountsorrel as it's convenient for car hire for my acupuncture appointment in Manchester, a couple of nights at Barrow Upon Soar visiting friends plus we had a fleeting trip into Loughborough to sort out a few things at the bank before returning to Cossington again to take advantage of the super-fast internet speed.

Stopping for water and to dump the rubbish at Barrow Boating we noticed that their day boat was fitted out with a shrine.



They are licensed to carry out ash scattering trips which are very popular with the Hindu and Sikh communities. I think the ceremony must involve coconuts as there are lots bobbing about in the river around here.


The river level has dropped dramatically over the past couple of weeks and the flow over the weir at Sileby Mill is a fraction of what it was back in January


I still wouldn't want to moor my boat here though!


The glorious sunshine has given us some spectacular sunsets and tonight was no exception.





 


No comments: