Monday 23 April 2012

Back to the Shroppie

First I have to say "if something's not broken, why fix it?" Blogger has been 'updated' so if things look different for a while please bare with me while I re-learn how to do it.

We carried on down the Llangollen today, stopping by Bridge 1 just before Hurleston Locks to go to Snugbury's Ice Cream Farm. There was a gap in my freezer just the right size for a litre container of Cherry Blizzard (white choc ice-cream with cherries and choccy biscuit bits) so we took some of that for the boat and had a couple of cones while we went to check out the rest of the farm. They have about 30 different flavours to choose from, I had Raspberry Pavlova and Roger had Sloe Gin .....heaven!




I'd wanted to see their straw sculpture of the Polar bear but it had gone. You can see a pic here of what it looked like.

Instead we watched the piglets playing and rooting around looking for food.


Aren't they cute? They're about the size of a small dog. I didn't get a photo of mum but she was huge.


This was my favourite.  I could quite easily have taken it home.


On the way back to the boat we called in at Blackberry Farm which backs onto the canal.


Their free-range eggs are gorgeous.

hens doing what hens do best

sunbathing hens

After filling up with water we carried on down the locks and are now moored just below the junction, ready to carry on tomorrow. We're heading for the cattle market at Beeston which is on every Wednesday.

1 comment:

Bruce in Sanity said...

Hi Yvonne

Love the piccies of the piggies! I do like watching pigs out of doors, they always look so cheerful.

By the way, tempting though the thought is, I think I'd better bear with you rather than bare with you, Roger might not like it…

;-}}}

All the best

Bruce