Friday 17 August 2012

So many beers, so little time

We had a great time at the beer festival.  There were 254 different beers listed in the programme PLUS well over a 150 ciders and perrys.  Not all were available last night as some have been reserved for Friday and Saturday to make sure they don't run out.


Was this one brewed specifically with Paul & Lynne in mind?  It's described as a "fine, full bodied, golden ale with a refreshing hoppy palate".  I didn't try it myself, being a fan of the darker stouts and porters, but it was certainly going down well.



Worcester Beer Festival is especially good, as it's not all just about the beer.  The two bands we watched were pretty good too.


The £10 entrance fee gets you a commemorative glass, either a half or a pint size, plus £5 of beer tokens, plus the live bands.  Even though there's so many beers we only tried 5 each and the good thing is that you can try a sample before you buy so you can be quite selective.  I made a real mistake with one beer though. It was a Chocolate Orange Stout by Amber Ales from Derbyshire and while the sample tasted good I really didn't enjoy the half pint I bought and ended up throwing it away.  There was an overpowering after-taste of vanilla which I hadn't noticed in the sample and as I'm not fond of vanilla at the best of times, I certainly didn't enjoy it in my beer.

With all the other beers still to try, the music and the general ambiance, we had such a good time that we're going back again tonight.  Today, we're going to have a wander around Worcester centre.


No comments: