Thursday 13 September 2012

Black Country Boating Festival

Last night we stayed on the visitor moorings at the Black Country Museum.  Just after it dark huge spot lights came on just over the fence from where we were moored. A film crew were just setting up and a short while later we went out to stand on the bridge and watch what was going on.  I don't know what they were filming but they had fog and rain machines working and carried on until well after I went to bed at 11.00.  By the time I got up this morning practically all traces of them had gone, ready for the museum to open for the day.  They obviously hadn't finished filming though as a lot of equipment had been stashed behind one of the sheds out of public view.  The rain machine was quite spectacular, I just wish my camera was better so I could have shown you.

We're now moored in Oldbury ready for the Black Country Boating Festival which is on this weekend. It's not the quietest of moorings being right beside a busy road bridge and when we arrived I spent 5 minutes along with the lady off the boat in front clearing up piles and piles of dog poo from the towpath beside our boats. We haven't been to this festival before so we're looking forward to a good weekend, let's hope the weather stays good.


No comments: