Wednesday 2 May 2012

Our new grand-daughter

I'm so excited!

Our first grand-child was born on Monday night.  As yet she doesn't have a name but weighed in at 6lbs 8oz and both Mum and baby are doing well.  From the photo her Dad sent me she looks to be absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to meet her next week and have a cuddle.  She wasn't quite as big as expected so I'm now madly knitting first size baby clothes as everything I've made so far was for a bigger baby.

Boating wise, we're steadily plodding back towards Overwater Marina where we'll leave the boat while we go to visit the new arrival.  The canal's fairly quiet apart from a few hire boats but no doubt it'll get busy again next week with the Bank Holiday weekend looming.

I haven't quite got the hang of the new Blogger dash-board yet and have only just found the comments posted recently so must apologise if you'd left a comment and I hadn't answered. I'll try and do better, honestly.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Congratulations! The relationship between grandparents and grandchildren really is a very special one; everyone loves their grandparents, and it's lovely when I see my nieces with my parents. Plus she's going to love having grandparents who live on a boat!